After months of preparatory work, Basingstoke Golf Club was established on the 6th December 1907. The original 9-hole course had been set up on land just north of Basingstoke station by Charles Lloyd, the clubs first professional.

From these humble beginnings the club thrived until the Great War where it was taken over and used as a training airfield. Whilst this land was never used again as a playable golf course the club members continued to meet and play other clubs under the name of Basingstoke Golf Club until finally, in 1926, they started to look for a new site to build a course.

Kempshott Park was the chosen land and James Braid was commissioned to design and construct the course. After receiving favourable reports from Mr Braid, the 106 acres of land was purchased and worked commenced.

The current course was completed in 1928 and officially opened by James Braid, Harry Vardon and Miss Molly Gourlay on a cold, wet and windy March day. It provides a challenging examination of your golf skills, yet is fair and playable for golfers of all abilities. The greens staff present the course to a high standard throughout the year for both members and visitors to enjoy.

In June 2021 the Club moved to it's new home in Dummer village. With a large investment plan due for commencement early in 2022, the future looks bright for Basingstoke Golf Club.
Course Status
Currently open
20.10.2021 08:59
View Status
With the following restrictions: Preferred Lies. All bunkers are GUR due to heavy rain.